The tenth Lidl retailer within the Charlotte space will open subsequent month in south Charlotte.
The low-cost grocer’s grand opening of the 30,000-square-foot retailer at 11200 Carmel Commons Boulevard at 7:30 a.m. Could 11, the German firm mentioned Friday in a information launch. Lidl invested greater than $13 million within the web site, based on the corporate.
The newest Lidl opening comes as different grocers like Florida-based Publix have introduced three extra shops in as many months will open within the aggressive grocery sector of the Charlotte market. Worldwide grocer Tremendous G Mart additionally will open its third and largest retailer this summer season in Pineville.
The brand new Lidl retailer will rent greater than 40 full- and part-time workers, with beginning pay at $15.50 per hour. Retailer hours will likely be 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day.
Final 12 months, Lidl opened shops at 615 W. Mallard Creek Church Road in University City and 11225 S. Tryon St. in Steele Creek.
One other 31,000-square-foot retailer is deliberate for 3229 South Blvd. There is no such thing as a opening date introduced but.
Extra about Lidl
The primary Charlotte Lidl opened in December 2019 on Monroe Highway. Lidl additionally has debuted shops in Matthews, Rock Hill, Indian Path, Gastonia and Harmony.
There are about 200 Lidl workers within the Charlotte space, and greater than 900 in North Carolina, the Observer beforehand reported.
Lidl operates round 11,550 shops in 32 nations, with over 341,000 workers, based on the corporate.
Within the Charlotte area, Lidl’s market share dropped barely from 2.3% in 2020 to 1.96% final 12 months, based on gross sales monitoring agency Chain Retailer Information’s newest annual report.
Other supermarket store openings
Here are other expansion plans for grocers in the area:
▪ Publix, based in Florida, has at least seven store openings planned in the Charlotte region.
A 55,000-square-foot store with a drive-thru is proposed at 11525 Carmel Commons. The site is about a quarter-mile from the new Lidl store.
The other six new stores Publix is planning are: Clear Creek Crossings at Albemarle and Rocky River Church roads in Charlotte; The Colony at Sharon and Colony roads in SouthPark; Harris Farms Shopping Center at Coddle Creek Freeway and Kistler Farm Highway in Mooresville; North Creek Village at Sam Furr and Davidson Harmony roads in Huntersville; 10 Tryon building at Tryon and Ninth streets in uptown; and Arboretum at Windfall and Pineville-Matthews Roads.
▪ Worldwide grocer Super G Mart will open its third and largest North Carolina retailer by the tip of June or early July at 10500 Centrum Parkway in Pineville, with a meals corridor, full-restaurant and retail.
▪ In February, Lowes Foods opened its “first-of-its-kind” retailer with leisure at 14021 Boren St. in Huntersville in a former Earth Fare. The Winston-Salem-based grocer additionally will anchor Christenbury Village in Concord in a 52,000-square-foot area. That retailer is anticipated to open early subsequent 12 months, down the street from a Lidl.
▪ In January, Food Lion opened at 2201 West W. T. Harris Blvd. in Charlotte, in a former Harris Teeter. The shop incorporates a scorching bar, to-go meals and native produce. Final spring, the Salisbury-based grocer opened a retailer at 1620 Ashley Road in northwest Charlotte within the former Harveys Grocery store location.
▪ In June, specialty grocer Earth Fare, based in Asheville, opened its fifth space retailer in Davidson.
▪ A 12 months in the past, Silicon Valley online-only grocer Farmstead expanded its free delivery service to properties inside an hour’s drive of its Westwood Forest warehouse after opening its first East Coast hub in Charlotte in 2020.