LIVE: Leicester vs Arsenal – Emile Smith Rowe doubles the lead for the Gunners after an early header from Gabriel… before Aaron Ramsdale makes an INCREDIBLE save to deny James Maddison
- Gabriel headed Arsenal in front following a corner in just the fifth minute
- Gunners doubled their lead through Emile Smith Rowe just 13 minutes later
- Leicester: starting XI: Schmeichel, Amartey (Barnes), Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne, Tielemans, Soumare, Thomas, Maddison (Daka), Iheanacho (Lookman), Vardy
- Arsenal starting XI: Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tavares, Saka (Pepe 85), Thomas, Sambi Lokonga, Smith Rowe (Kolasinac), Lacazette (Odegaard), Aubameyang
- Latest Premier League news, including live action and results
- Premier League table – as it stands
Arsenal continued their impressive unbeaten run after goals from Gabriel and Emile Smith Rowe saw them see off Leicester City 2-0 at the King Power Stadium.
The Gunners got off to a sensational start with Gabriel nodding home in the fifth minute before Smith Rowe doubled the lead with a first-time strike 13 minutes later.
Leicester responded to try and get back into the game but were met with stubborn resistance by Aaron Ramsdale in the Gunners goal, who made a string of fantastic saves.
More to follow…
RE-LIVE ALL THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENED
Arsenal will be hoping to make it nine matches unbeaten in all competitions when they visit Leicester City to get the weekend’s Premier League action underway.
The Gunners haven’t lost since being hammered 5-0 at Manchester City back in August and victory at the King Power Stadium would take them level with fourth placed West Ham ahead of the rest of the weekend’s drama.
But Leicester will also have the same objectives than Mikel Arteta’s side as they reside in ninth place above their opponents by one place on goal difference.